Thursday, December 14, 2006

Science/Art class final project


I am taking a Science/Art class this semester, and I have just finished my final project. I just need to write an artist's statement to go with it for my presentation at the critique on Monday. In a nutshell, I basically am giving these cells "personality" by pairing microscopic cell pictures with macroscopic pictures. I am pretty happy with the results; here is a collage of what the grouping will look like.

5 comments:

Jacki said...

Wow, this is really really cool!! Excellent job.

Therese said...

Thanks :D

Jacki said...

Hey Mom,

When most people see the cell picture that you gave us for Christmas, they ask if it's fireworks or have no clue what it is.

But our friend Brian brought his new girlfriend over this weekend, and she is in Medical School. She looked right at it and said, "is that two cells splitting?" :) She thought it was so cool how you matched it up with that picture of John and I. :)

Therese said...

haha-I am glad someone appreciates it :)

Rachel said...

Therese,
I absolutely love your art project!!! Are you making this into a poster and if so, where can I get one?