Friday, January 11, 2008

Inhale...and cough

Sorry I have been away from blogging for so long; I have just not felt like posting lately. I will try to get back into it.
I went to the doctor last week to check out a persistent cough. I ended up with medication for GERD and an inhaler. Apparently, gastric reflux can cause a nagging cough and wheezing.
I also had blood work done since I am on Simvistatin for high cholesterol-everyone in my family seems to have high cholesterol, so it will probably always be a problem for me. Statins usually keep it under control, but this time my overall cholesterol was high, my HDL (good cholesterol) was low and my triglycerides quadrupled from normal to very high. No wonder I have not been feeling well! I had not been paying attention to what I had been eating or exercising regularly the past few months and during the holidays. It just goes to show how fast health can decline and the need for vigilance. I have been trying to get back to healthier eating and exercising; I am feeling better already.

1 comment:

Jacki said...

I'm glad you went to get it checked out, Mom! Happy to hear you're feeling better already. Love you!